SFSDC will be involved with two research field tours this summer. They are:
1. Northeast Agriculture Foundation (NARF) – Wednesday July 20, 2016
The NARF research field day will be held at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research Farm 2 km south of Melfort SK on Wednesday July 20, 2016. Registration is at 8 am with plots tours throughout the morning and afternoon. There is no charge and lunch and refreshments will be provided. NARF has been the location of much of the SFSDC forage seed applied research and demonstration over the past 3 years and we are very pleased to have numerous projects ongoing at NARF in 2016. Watch the NARF website at www.neag.ca for more field day details.
2. University of Saskatchewan – Tuesday July 26, 2016
SFSDC is working with the University of Saskatchewan Crop Development Centre and the Saskatchewan Forage Council (SFC) to host the Forage Crop Summer Field Tour near Saskatoon on Tuesday July 26, 2016.
- Demonstration of 30 grasses and 4 legume species including 2 varieties of alfalfa
- Alfalfa nursery with 1,000 plants representing 15 cultivars
- Many grass nurseries including hybrid bromegrass, crested wheatgrass, hybrid wheatgrass
- Legumes including sainfoin cultivars / Agronomy Trials
- Forage Seed Crop Herbicide Tolerance / Plant Growth Regulator Trial
Meet at the U of S Kernen Research Farm east of Saskatoon, SK at 1 PM. Entrance to Kernen Farm is on the west side of Hwy#41, about ½ km north of the Junction of Hwy #5 & Hwy #41.
Plot tours from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
Followed by Saskatchewan Forage Council Annual General Meeting at 4:45 PM
There is no charge. Refreshments will be available
Posted May 18, 2016