PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!
The annual Forage Seed Information Session will be held in Saskatoon this year. By holding the session during the same week as Crop Production Show, we hope to make it convenient for growers and members to attend. The Information Session and SFSDC Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday January 11, 2018 from 1 PM to 4:30 PM at the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon in the Davinci Ballroom - 2nd Floor.
SFSDC is pleased to announce our speakers:
|Dave Grafstrom, University of Minnesota|
- Dave Grafstrom, Northland College, University of Minnesota, Roseau, MN will talk on Managing for Top Seed Yields in Forage Grasses including using growing degree days to pinpoint pest outbreaks, plant growth regulators and fertility, fungicides and using aerial drones in agriculture research;
- Eric Johnson, Weed Management Program, University of Saskatchewan, will discuss their herbicide tolerance and plant growth regulator research on forage seed crops at Saskatoon;
- Jessica Pratchler, Northeast Agriculture Research Foundation, Melfort, SK will review their research on weed and insect control and plant growth regulators;
- Stu Brandt, Northeast Agriculture Research Foundation, Melfort, SK will discuss their alternate row, rotational crop and companion crop research using forage seed crops;
- Mike Scheffel, Canadian Seed Growers Association, Ottawa, ON will provide an update on forage seed inspections, isolation borders, volunteer species and other topics on the growing pedigreed forage seed; and
- Terry Kowalchuk, Provincial Forage Crop Specialist, Saskatchewan Agriculture, will review and update the forage seed market.
The Saskatchewan Leafcutters Association will be holding their Alfalfa Seed and Leafcutter Bee Conference in the evening of Thursday January 11, 2018 and Friday January 12, 2018 at the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon.
Attend the Crop Production Show and take in the SFSDC Forage Seed Information Session as well as the Leafcutters Association Conference!!
Posted November 25, 2017